This bright and healthy Smoked Mackerel Superfood Salad is packed full of nutritious veggies and finished with a tangy mustard dressing and crunchy seeds. Gluten free, grain free and dairy free, it’s a beautiful easy meal and perfect for a packed lunch too.
I have absolutely fallen in love with mackerel since moving to the U.K. It’s everywhere here! Smoked mackerel is now a fridge staple of mine. It lasts for ages and is great to have on hand when you need to make up something quickly. This smoked mackerel superfood salad is a really lovely way to enjoy it. A delicious, leafy superfood salad topped with smoked mackerel for an omega-rich protein boost. Nourishing and healthy, it’s grain free, dairy free and sugar free.
Smoked Mackerel Superfood Salad
- 1 cup sweet potato cut into thick dice - can also use regular potato
- 1 small bunch broccolini or 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large handful rocket leaves
- 1 piece cucumber about 10-12 cm long
- 1/2 cup radish
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 100-150 grams smoked mackerel fillets
- fresh parsley to garnish - OPTIONAL
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to season
- Prepare the sweet potato/potato and the broccolini. Steam or roast your sweet potato/potato under tender, and lightly steam the broccolini until tender. Allow to cool.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and the radishes.
- Arrange the salad on a plate, starting with the rocket leaves. Scatter over the cucumber, radish, potato chunks and broccolini. Remove the skin from the mackerel fillets and flake over the top, then scatter over the sunflower seeds.
- Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients (or shake together in a small jar) and pour over the salad just before serving. Garnish with some fresh parsley too, if you have it.
Leave a Reply