Roasted masala spiced nuts are the perfect slightly sweet, slightly savoury snack made with all natural healthy ingredients! Gluten free and dairy free.
Day to day, I usually snack on raw nuts but occasionally it’s nice to have something a bit special, or especially if you’re making snacks for an event or dinner party. These little beauties were such a hit at the supper club I held back in May with Punch Foods and I’ve finally gotten around to posting the recipe (after making and devouring a few more batches!). The trick with these is to keep roasting them until they’re a nice deep golden brown, don’t take them out too early…and then when they’re done, the trick is to NOT eat them all at once! They’re incredibly more-ish.
Roasted Masala Spiced Nuts
- 2 and 1/2 cups raw mixed nuts
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts, spices and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together in a mug or small bowl (I usually do this by zapping the coconut oil very quickly in the microwave, then whisking the honey through).
- Pour the liquid over the nut mix and stir until the nuts and well coated.
- Spread the nuts out over the baking tray and roast for about 25 minutes, or until they're a deep golden brown. Turn the nuts 1-2 times to stop parts burning.
- Allow to cool completely, and then store in a jar. Will keep for a few weeks - if they last that long!
Leave a Reply