For the past few weeks I have been trialing some new freeze-dried berry powders which I received from the lovely girls at Arctic Berries, a small company started by two best friends with a passion for helping you maintain an endless supply of berries! With the summer berry season coming to a natural end over here soon (sigh!), these little tubs of freeze-dried berries are going to become very handy. I love that the Arctic Berries products really are just fruit, pure and simple…it’s not so gimmicky and they’re actually just so useful to have in the kitchen, leaving aside the fact that yep they’re pretty darn healthy, too. This smoothie bowl recipe uses the blueberry powder, which you can read about here.
Hidden Veggie Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 small frozen banana
- 1/2 zucchini/courgette
- 1 handful mild lettuce leaves (cos, romaine, etc.)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 tsp Arctic Berries blueberry powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (vegan if desired)
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt (or coconut yogurt if dairy-free)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- Extra yoghurt, berry powder, nuts, seeds, etc. for topping
- Combine the coconut water and the chia seeds to your blender jug, and allow to sit for 5 minutes to soak the seeds.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients (except those for topping) to the blender jug and process until smooth. If it's too thick, add a splash of water, coconut water or almond milk.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favourite things (granola, extra Arctic Berries blueberry powder, coconut flakes and fresh fruit are pictured).