This is absolutely the best ever way to make amazing parsnip fries – lashings of tahini, a little coconut oil and a dash of tamari pack these full of healthy fats and flavour!
Tamari Tahini Parsnip Fries
- 500 grams parsnips
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp tahini (hulled or unhulled)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp tamari
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and trim the parsnips and cut the parsnips in to chip shapes. Place in a large bowl.
- Melt together the tahini and coconut oil until nice and runny (stovetop or quickly in the microwave). Add in the tamari afterwards and stir everything until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the parsnips and toss around in the bowl until evenly coated. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper (not too much salt as you've already got a lot of savoury flavour with the tamari).
- Spread the parsnips out over the lined baking tray and bake for about 35 minutes (time will vary depending on how thick you have cut the fries) until the edges are starting to darken and crisp up. Serve nice and warm!