This high protein cacao chia pudding is given a boost with a healthy natural protein powder. It’s currently one of my favourite breakfasts; I find it really fills me up (which many little chia puds don’t do!). It has the most delicious, but not too sweet, chocolate flavour thanks to a little organic cacao powder (from one of my favourite UK brands, Creative Nature Superfoods) and a dash of ground cinnamon. Make a few batches in advance and keep in jars in the fridge for a quick meal or snack on the go.
High Protein Cacao Chia Pudding
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2-3 tbsp coconut yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- other toppings of choice e.g. sliced fruit, coconut flakes, nuts, seeds
- Place chia seeds, cacao, protein powder and cinnamon in a small jar (or other sealable container).
- Pour in the almond milk. If using a jar, screw on the lid now and shake vigorously until ingredients are combined. Alternatively, whisk everything together with a fork.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, then shake/whisk again to remove any lumps.
- Placed sealed jar/container in the fridge and allow to sit for at least 3 hours until the seeds have soaked up all the liquid and you have a thick pudding. (I prefer to leave mine overnight).
- Serve topped with yoghurt, cacao nibs and other toppings of choice.