Strawberry Lime Chia Yoghurt Parfaits make a beautiful but simple breakfast, snack or even a healthy dessert! They’re perfect to meal prep and can be made gluten free and dairy free too.
I seem to have landed back in Sydney in the midst of some seriously cheap berries being available at my local supermarket. Combined with the immensely lovely week of sunny weather we’ve just had, adjusting to my move across the world has been made that little bit easier!
With abundance of berries around, it’s a perfect time to make these strawberry lime chia yoghurt parfaits. The zesty strawberry lime mix gives a nice tang against creamy yoghurt and crunchy sweet granola. Layers of contrasting, healthy deliciousness right here.
The trick when making these strawberry lime chia yoghurt parfaits is NOT to overdo it on the lime! You want these parfaits to have a subtle tang. Start by squeezing in the juice of just half the lime; maybe even just a gentle squeeze at first. More can always be added later. (But don’t worry too much; a touch of honey will sort you out if you take it too far).
Use coconut yoghurt in these parfaits for an easy dairy free swap. And with a vegan granola, this meal becomes completely plant-based. I photographed these with my Easy Honey Olive Oil Granola layered in there, but you can swap the honey to maple syrup in this granola to keep it vegan. So many options!
I love these strawberry lime chia yoghurt parfaits for a beautifully presented breakfast or brunch, but hey I think they’d make a pretty nice healthy dessert too.
Strawberry Lime Chia Yoghurt Parfaits
- 200-250 grams strawberries - about 1 and 1/2 cups
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 and 1/3 cups Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup granola - I use my Honey Olive Oil Granola*
- Trim and slice the strawberries. Place them in a small pan on the stove. Squeeze in the juice of half the lime. Cook the strawberries over a moderate heat until the strawberries start to break down. As the berries are cooking, stir in the chia seeds and honey. Remove from the heat once you have a chunky puree texture. Taste test, and add extra lime juice if desired. Then, set aside to cool and thicken - it's best to scoop it into a bowl and pop it in the fridge.
- Once the puree has cooled, assemble the parfaits. (For two large serves, use glasses/jars that are 500mL capacity or more so everything fits comfortably). Layer in the yoghurt, then the strawberry mixture, and then granola. And that's it! Enjoy.
Leave a Reply