Sweet potato wedges are just so damn delicious! I’m a sucker for sweet potato wedges or fries in pretty much all forms, but you can definitely take them up a notch with just the right preparation and seasoning. These particular cumin seed and coconut sweet potato wedges have a delicious and slightly crunchy coating that smells so fragrant while they’re roasting, too.
This recipe makes eating a big bowl of sweet potato wedges a slightly more fancy experience! You could serve these on their own, but they’re also great paired with a zesty dipping sauce (try some Greek or coconut yoghurt with lime juice stirred through) or guacamole, or alternatively as a side to grilled meat and a fresh crunchy salad. Basically, they are delicious no matter what you choose to do with them!
I made the batch of sweet potato wedges that I photographed with organic coconut flour which I received as a gift from Sukrin UK. It’s a fine quality flour and quite easy to find online or from large supermarkets here in the UK, though I’ve made these wedges with other coconut flour brands also.
Cumin Seed and Coconut Sweet Potato Wedges
- 750 grams sweet potatoes
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190 C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash sweet potatoes and pat dry (leave skin on). Trim off any inedible bits and then cut into wedges, ideally about 1.5cm to 2cm thick at their thickest part.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and pour over the melted coconut oil and then toss to coat. Sprinkle over the coconut flour, cumin seeds and salt and pepper, then toss again so all the wedges are coated.
- Spread the wedges out over in a single layer across the baking tray. Roast for about 20 minutes then toss them around a bit and roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until crisped at the edges and nice and soft on the inside. Serve hot!
These look amazing and I am featuring them tonight on Savoring Saturdays. Can’t wait to see what you share this week!
Oh Elle! Thank you SO much. I am so happy to have found Savouring Saturdays and connect with more beautiful talented bloggers. 🙂
I’m a total sweet-potato fan. This sounds like a delicious way to consume them! 🙂 Thanks for sharing it with us at Savoring Saturdays!
Thank you Raia 🙂
Bethany via Athletic Avocado
These sweet potato fries look heavenly! Like they are restaurant worthy!!
Thank you so much, Bethany! Sweet potato fries done well are just the best aren’t they 🙂 I’ll never get tired of them! x