This dairy free blueberry breakfast smoothie combines fruit, vegetables, gluten free oats and a dash of guarana powder for a serious energy boost!
This smoothie will energize you for a busy day! I have created this with a little extra zing thanks to the addition of some organic guarana I received to trial from Creative Nature Superfoods. Guarana is a herb which naturally contains caffeine, so this smoothie is like a nutrient-dense, crap-free substitute for the standard morning coffee and cereal routine. In moderation, caffeine can be beneficial for some people, though those with known anxiety issues should aim to keep their caffeine intake to a minimum. If you tolerate caffeine, definitely give this a go! Packed with antioxidant rich blueberries, smart carbs and healthy fats, it’s free from refined sugars, gluten and dairy.
Blueberry Zing Breakfast Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup cucumber chunks - preferably also frozen
- 3 tbsp rolled oats (gluten free)
- 2 tsp peanut butter or another nut butter of choice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp guarana powder (I used Creative Nature Superfoods guarana)
- 1 cup rice milk or other milk of choice
- pumpkin or sunflower seeds - OPTIONAL, to decorate
- Place all the smoothie ingredients into your blender and process. Serve immediately. Top with some seeds for a little crunch, if you like.