This is such a beautiful salad, full of crisp cleansing greens and topped with a nice sweet crunch from the pomegranate arils. It’s grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free, and makes such a lovely accompaniment to grilled meats, or stir through some quinoa for a vegan protein source.
Green Bean, Pomegranate and Broccoli Salad
This green bean, pomegranate and broccoli salad is fresh, vibrant and healthy. With a drizzle of olive oil and tahini, it's dairy free and gluten free, too.
- 5 large handfuls rocket (150-200 grams)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 head broccoli
- 4-5 spring onions
- 150 grams green beans
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini - OPTIONAL
- salt and pepper to season
- Trim and dice broccoli into small florets (use the stem too if you don't mind - just slice away the rough exterior and dice), and trim the green beans. Stream for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened, then set both aside to cool while you prep the rest of the salad.
- Wash the rocket leaves, dry as best you can, and arrange in salad bowl / plate.
- Peel away the rough outer skin of the spring onions, trim and slice into small pieces no bigger than 1cm long. Then, trim and dice cucumber into small chunks, and peel your pomegranate for the arils.
- Layer the cucumber, spring onions and broccoli into the salad bowl, followed by the green beans. Top with the pomegranate arils.
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice (start with juice of half then taste test) and a good grind of salt and pepper in a small jar and shaking together.
- Pour the dressing over just before serving.
*if you don’t have lemon you could also use lime juice, or a tablespoon or two of your favourite vinegar – I like apple cider vinegar.