This vibrant healthy matcha smoothie is simply bursting with goodness. A beautifully balanced blend of vegetables, fruit, protein and healthy fats. The perfect healthy breakfast or snack, it’s going to fill you up and every mouthful is delicious!
If you’ve been following me for a while you will know that currently, I’m part-time managing the flagship Xtend Barre London studio, located on Marylebone High Street. As part of my role there I take care of all things food-related, including our nutritious smoothie menu. Every day that I see a client walking out with one of my smoothies… it just makes me so happy!
My latest creation for Xtend Barre is a matcha smoothie. We call it Matcha Bright Eyes and it’s been super popular since it launched last month. Using our favourite matcha powder by Matcha Maiden, it’s just the right balance of sweetness and that distinctive matcha flavour. We also add chia seeds and coconut oil for protein and healthy fats.
So lovely readers, because I love this matcha smoothie so much I’m sharing the recipe on here with you, too! I hope you love it just as much as my barre buddies do.
Spinach, Banana and Matcha Smoothie
- 250 mL coconut-rice milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp matcha tea powder
- 1 small banana, frozen
- 20-30 grams baby spinach (one handful)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and process until nice and smooth. Serve immediately.
- You can top this with something crunchy; I recommend homemade granola, cacao nibs or bee pollen.