This yoghurt tahini sauce recipe is so versatile and can be used as a dressing or a dip. Gluten free and sugar free, it’s so easy and goes with everything!
This yoghurt tahini sauce is something that I’ve made countless times, and which I know I’ll make countless times in the future. I don’t quite know exactly when it was that I discovered tahini, but man was it life changing for me! I can’t get enough of the stuff. And it’s so good for you too; read my blog post on the benefits of tahini here.
Making a batch of this easy yoghurt tahini sauce is one of my favourite ways to enjoy tahini. It\’s just the most versatile, lovely creamy thing and you can slather it on just about anything. Made nice and thick, it’s great smeared on toast (top with sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper) or as part of a dip platter. Thinned out with a little water, it’s a wonderful salad dressing or quick creamy sauce to drizzle over some boiled eggs or grilled chicken.
The yoghurt tahini sauce recipe below is the most basic version of this sauce, requiring only a few staple ingredients. There are a few ways you can jazz up this sauce, too (though the basic version is REALLY good!). I’ve popped my favourite variations in the recipe notes section below. I hope this easy yoghurt tahini sauce becomes a staple in your kitchen too!
Easy Yoghurt Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp tahini, preferably hulled
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the yoghurt, tahini and cider vinegar in a small bowl or a mug. Whisk together with a fork, adding a little water to thin out the dressing to the desired consistency (for a dip, no need to add water and you can keep it thick).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then serve.
- increase the amount of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (or use a combination) to create a more tangy dressing.
- add in a spoonful or two of extra virgin olive oil for a more luxurious, silky result. A punchy EVOO will add a nice bite to the sauce.
- add in one of the following herbs or spices to change up the flavour: (i) a little finely chopped raw garlic, (ii) some finely chopped fresh herbs e.g. dill, basil, flat leaf parsley, or (iii) a tablespoon of wholegrain mustard.
Teffy at Sprinkle of Green
YUM!! I love tahini, and yogurt, and sauce, so really there is just so much about this that appeals to me. I cannot have a boring salad, so this appeals to me immensely =)
Hahaha Teffy I am definitely a sauce lover too… especially when it involves tahini 🙂 Anything tahini! Thank you for your kind words x
This dressing sounds delicious, and it’s so simply made!
Julia, thank you so much 🙂 This dressing is honestly one of the things I make more than anything else. I’m obsessed!