This past month or so, I have had the pleasure of trialling some delicious raw & organic artisan crackers (Crackits) made by local London super food brand, Inspiral. I met a member of the Inspiral team at a blogger event a few months ago, and since being in touch with them have been really impressed by the products I have sampled, and also by their kind attitude, which always makes a product even more delicious!
I thought I’d share with you one of my favourite lunches that I’ve been whipping up over the last few weeks, using Inspiral’s Crackits range as a base. These open sandwiches are so incredibly flavoursome; the combination of salmon, creamy tahini and avocado, plus the slight zing of lemon and spring onion is just PERFECT. The sandwich filling is made with canned salmon too, so it’s very economical, and as an added bonus the filling keeps in the fridge for a few days so you don’t need to use it up all at once. You could keep this filling in a little container in the fridge, quickly grab some crackers and sliced tomato and you have an instantaneous healthy meal.
If you’re going to use some Crackits as your base, I’d recommend either the herb flavour or the slightly more punchy garlic flavour, both work really well with this sandwich filling! A generous sprinkle of cracked black pepper or some chilli flakes over the top of it all is also really good. Enjoy!
Salmon Avocado and Tahini Open Sandwiches
- 200 grams canned salmon
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tbsp tahini (I prefer hulled)
- 2-3 spring onions
- 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Salad ingredients for serving
- Crackers or sandwich bread for serving ( created this recipe using Inspiral's Crackits)
- Trim and finely chop the spring onions.
- Combine salmon, avocado, tahini, spring onions and the juice of the lemon in a small bowl, mashing until you have an evenly combined mixture. Taste test and season with salt & pepper as desired.
- Serve the sandwich filling on top of a slice of your favourite bread or crackers. I recommend layering with salad leaves and fresh, crisp veggies like cucumber, capsicum, sliced tomato and radish.
Stopping by again to let you know that I’ll be featuring this today over at Savoring Saturdays linky party. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Thanks Emily!! 🙂
These are gorgeous! I bet they taste delicious too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Savoring Saturdays gluten free linky party. Hope you’ll join us again this week.
Thank you so much, Emily! These sandwiches are definitely as delicious as they look I promise 🙂
Nancy | Plus Ate Six
I’m a huge fan of tahini but I’d never have thought of mixing in a tablespoon with salmon. Your lunch looks pretty fancy 🙂
I’m such a tahini addict I had to give it a go… and the outcome was SO good! haha. Thank you for your kind words Nancy 🙂