Meal prep breakfast bowls Greek style, combining boiled eggs with chopped cucumber, tomatoes, capsicum, feta and olives. A healthy start to the day that’s super easy to make!
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years festive period, however it is you like to celebrate. Even if that’s just seriously chilling out on the lounge – it’s what we did a lot of! Our house renovations are finally at a point where we have an almost-finished living room, and it was nice to have some time to enjoy it 🙂
Now, onto these meal prep breakfast bowls – Greek style. I thought we should kick off the new year with something fresh, colourful and very easy to make. Perfect for popping into a container or jar and toting into work now that the holidays are *sob* over! (Yay for you if you get longer holidays!)
The tangy feta and salty olives add lots of flavour to the brekky bowls. With a drizzle of quality extra virgin olive oil, they’re simply delightful. I like to tuck a few rice crackers in around the side for some carbs but you could also add some cooked quinoa, brown rice or sweet potato.
How to meal prep breakfast bowls to perfection!
To make sure these breakfast bowls are fresh and tasty, I recommend preparing the bowls as follows.
- Make about 3-4 days ahead (if desired!): pre-chop all of the veggies and distribute between airtight containers/jars. Olives can go in as well, and any dried herbs you’re using. Crumble over feta. Boil the eggs but don’t peel them – store them in a separate container in the fridge.
- On the day of eating: Take out a container, drizzle over olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Peel eggs and add to container. You’re good to go, with some crackers too if you like!
Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls Greek Style
- 4 eggs
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 small capsicum
- 2 handfuls rocket or baby spinach
- 60 grams feta cheese
- 6-8 kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tsp dried parsley or other dried herbs of choice - OPTIONAL
- salt and pepper to season
- Boil eggs for 5 minutes or until cooked as desired. (Five minutes usually gives me a firm egg with a slightly soft yolk right in the centre). Set aside and allow to cool down.
- Prepare the vegetables - slice up the tomato, capsicum and cucumber.
- Divide the rocket, tomato, capsicum, cucumber and olives between two containers/bowls. Crumble over the feta, and dried herbs if you're using them.
- Seal the containers and place in the fridge, as well as the eggs. On the day of eating, remove a container from the fridge, drizzle over some olive oil, salt and pepper, and peel and add two eggs.
Meal Prep Breakfasts
p.s. need some more meal prep breakfast ideas? Why not try: