You will love this super easy chunky monkey chia pudding. Chocolate, peanut butter and banana – that classic delicious combination – made into a healthier breakfast or snack option with a luxe cacao chia pudding base! It’s gluten free, dairy free and vegan. (And hey, if you wanna make it paleo, you can use almond butter!)
Trying to get by amidst renovations, work, study and general lead-up-to-Christmas madness means my food needs to meet a few requirements. 1. Must be easy. 2. Must involve chocolate. 3. Could ideally contain some kind of nutritious element so that I have the energy to keep up with everything. (But to be honest, not everything meets criterion 3 – let’s be real here!)
Something that is ticking all of those boxes for me is my easy chunky monkey chia pudding, which is alternating with my chocolate almond mug cake as one of my fave quick chocolate-y fixes. With a lovely thick, cacao-chia base, creamy peanut butter, sweet banana and crunchy cacao nibs, it’s just all of the good things. With no cooking involved and perfect to meal prep, it makes a wonderful morning breakfast indulgence. Toting this in to work on a Monday morning certainly starts my week off on a good note!
There’s no real magic involved in a chia pudding guys, it really is just mix and let it soak up into pudding perfection. This really could double as a dessert. But it’s also got some incredible nutritional properties too. Just 2 tablespoons of chia seeds will see you hit almost a third of your daily dietary fibre requirements. In just two little spoonfuls! This makes a chunky monkey chia pudding an especially great addition to your day. It’s going to keep you full and be great for your gut health.
Chia pudding keeps really well in the fridge, so if you’re a keen meal-prepping bean I recommend doubling or tripling this recipe. You can just pop the serves of chia pudding in separate jars, and top with peanut butter and cacao nibs. On the day you’re eating it, top with sliced banana and you’re good to go! Chunky monkey chia pudding allllll week.
Chunky Monkey Chia Pudding
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 150 mL almond milk (this is 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp, approximately) - or another milk of choice
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon - optional, for sprinkling on top
- Combine chia seeds, cacao powder, almond milk and maple syrup in a small bowl or container. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then whisk again to ensure the chia seeds soak up the liquid evenly.
- Place the chia pudding into the fridge to set, for a minimum of 3 hours or ideally, overnight (cover over bowl or use a lidded container).
- To serve, top the pudding with sliced banana, peanut butter and cacao nibs, plus a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!