Popping a salmon fillet in the oven for dinner is one of my favourite easy meals to prep. It cooks so quickly and is no mess, no fuss, and while it’s baking away you can throw together a quick salad, make some rice or steam some vegetables for the sides. Voila, a simple, healthy and balanced plate of pure goodness.
What makes this easy meal even better is when you can add some punchy, fragrant and delicious flavours to your salmon…which is why you need THIS Indian Spiced Baked Salmon Fillet recipe! By combining a few dried spices with creamy coconut yoghurt, you can create the most amazing all-natural spice paste for your salmon. Simply mix, coat the salmon and bake away; it’s very uncomplicated and you don’t need to start this dish in advance. Perfect for an easy mid-week meal.
Another added bonus of this recipe – the spiced baked salmon fillet works well served cold too, so you can always make an extra portion to have the next day; pop it on top of a salad. (I love to flake the salmon fillet with a fork and toss it through so you get delicious, delicate pieces all the way through your meal, adding such a flavour boost to every bite.) Free from grains, gluten, sugar and dairy, this is a healthy and allergy-friendly protein option. And, importantly, it tastes great! Enjoy.
Paleo Indian Spiced Baked Salmon Fillet
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on (150-200 grams each)
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C and line a small baking tray with a piece of foil (or baking paper). Rub the teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil over the foil to help stop the salmon sticking.
- In a small bowl or a mug, combine the coconut yoghurt, all of the spices and the salt and pepper until you have a smooth paste.
- Place the salmon fillets skin side down on the baking tray. Cover the top and sides of the salmon evenly with the spiced yoghurt mixture.
- Bake the salmon fillets for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness, until just tenderly cooked. Serve immediately, or save for later and serve cold.