A little bit tropical and an absolute breeze to make, these coconut mango overnight oats make a healthy satisfying breakfast! Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder for a protein boost too. This post is brought to you in partnership with Happy Way protein powder.
Is it even summer in Australia if you’re not enjoying a mango, or two or ten? Golden and delicious, they scream summer to me. Oddly enough my toddlers are totally not a fan of them right now, I’m trying to tell them what they’re missing out on…
Now sometimes I may go overboard with the mango-purchasing and we do end up with one or two that are slightly too squishy. Those types of mango are absolutely perfect for using in these coconut mango overnight oats.
If you have been living under a rock and haven’t yet tried making overnight oats, essentially they are rolled oats soaked in milk overnight so they soften and are ready to eat in the morning with no further cooking required. Of course you don’t just add milk! Boring. You add fruit, nuts, seeds, sweetener etc. to create a delicious brekky.
- Rolled oats
- Chia seeds (or ground flaxseed)
- Mango (slightly overripe and squishy actually works a treat!)
- Shredded coconut
- Milk of choice
- Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- Sweetener (like maple syrup or honey) if you want it, though it’s not really necessary
- Berries, nuts, seeds etc. to top the oats as you like
I have also been making this recipe with a scoop of Happy Way vanilla protein powder added. It’s a fine consistency and blends in really well, and gives you a deliciously sweet vanilla flavour. The protein powder is sweetened with stevia, so if you add it in you will definitely not need to add any other sweetener to this!
If you’ve been following my blog and Instagram for a while you’ll notice that I haven’t done any brand collaborations for a long time. Partly that’s been because my nutrition clinic has been really busy, but it’s also because I’ve pulled back from working on anything unless I’ve loved the brand and felt like the product was helpful/I would actually use it.
I chose to partner with Happy Way because I do use protein powder quite regularly and this one has passed the taste and quality test. It blends well, contains minimal ingredients (rather than having a load of additives) and I like the flavours. Vanilla is my favourite! Yes possibly I’m a bit boring but vanilla tastes and smells so delicious, and it’s really versatile too.
Coconut, vanilla and mango. Come on… how good does that combination sound?!
I hope you enjoy my Coconut Mango Overnight Oats. The prep time is only a few minutes and you will feel like a superhero having breakfast ready to go the next morning. If you make them leave me a comment below or take a snap and tag @moniquecormacknutrition over on Instagram!
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 mango
- 1 and 1/3 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 scoop protein powder I used Happy Way vanilla flavour
- Peel and finely chop the mango.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, shredded coconut, mango, almond milk, Greek yoghurt and protein powder. Stir until smoothly combined.
- Divide the mixture into two individual serving containers (with a lid) and pop in the fridge. Leave overnight ideally, or a minimum of 4 hours.
- Serve with your favourite toppings as desired.