Cinnamon Paprika Sweet Potato Fries make an easy healthy side dish or snack, they’re quick to prepare and just so damn tasty! Tossed in a few simple pantry spices, salt and pepper and then roasted to perfection. Gluten free and vegan.
Does the world need another recipe for sweet potato fries? I’m not really sure, but I am really sure I love this particular flavour combo and I feel like sweet potato fry popularity isn’t dying out anytime soon…so here we are. Cinnamon paprika sweet potato fries!
Cinnamon, smoked paprika, coconut oil and some good ol’ salt and pepper. Put it all around some sliced up sweet potato and you get one seriously heavenly result.
Just so good, I eat them straight from the tray!
Have them for a snack, have them with yummy homemade burgers, have them “loaded” and cover them in toppings, stick any leftover ones in with your salad (little flavour bombs!). These cinnamon paprika sweet potato fries are so versatile, and so easy to make.
My tips for getting great results;
- don’t go too overboard on the oil, measure out 2 tablespoons so you don’t end up with super greasy, soggy fries
- take the time to coat the sweet potato evenly in the oil and spices in a big bowl, before putting on the tray
- spread them out over a large tray (or two trays) so there’s a little space between the fries so they cook evenly
(Oh, and if you’re looking at these pictures and want the dipping sauce too, you can find it here – Cashew Tahini Herb Sauce. It’s vegan and gluten free, but so deliciously super creamy!)
Cinnamon Paprika Sweet Potato Fries
Cinnamon Paprika Sweet Potato Fries are the easiest healthy side dish or snack to make, and so damn tasty! Tossed in a few simple pantry spices, salt and pepper and roasted to perfection. Vegan and gluten free.
- 750 grams sweet potato this is about two large sweet potatoes, or three medium ones
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Wash the sweet potatoes (don’t peel them) and pat dry. Slice thinly into fries; I aim to cut them between 1 to 1.5cm thick (they shrink a little on cooking).
- Place sliced sweet potato in a large bowl. Add in the coconut oil, smoked paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss to combine so the sweet potato is thoroughly coated with the spices.
Spread the fries out on the baking tray. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until cooked/browned to your liking.
*If you like your fries SPICY then add a sprinkle of red chilli flakes to these as well before you bake them!
*I recommend serving these with my Cashew Tahini Herb Sauce 🙂