This tahini lime salad dressing is such a delicious, easy salad topper to whip up. I love to keep a jar in the fridge for drizzling on just about everything – not just salads! It works really well over poached eggs, steamed or roasted vegetables or even over a grilled chicken breast or fish. You would never know that it was dairy free, it’s so creamy.
I have made adding a clove of garlic optional, as even just a single clove of garlic really changes up the flavour of this dressing – raw garlic is really punchy – so only add this if you are a massive garlic fan! (Garlic does have amazing anti-microbial properties though, so if you’re feeling poorly this is a nice way of getting some in.)
Sugar-free Tahini Lime Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini (I prefer hulled in this recipe)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic - OPTIONAL
- water to thin the dressing
- Place the tahini, olive oil, salt, pepper and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl or a jar. Juice the lime and add the juice. If you're going to use the garlic, crush (or finely chop) the clove and whack this in too.
- Whisk the ingredients together with a fork. Add in approximately 1/4 cup water and continue to whisk until you have a smooth, even consistency. Taste test and adjust with an extra pinch of salt or extra apple cider vinegar (if you want it more tangy). Continue to whisk in a little more water if you want a thinner dressing.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge for later, it will keep for approximately 1-2 weeks.