A lovely grain free paleo cake studded with tangy raspberries, perfect for afternoon tea! I love that this recipe uses up whole oranges without any waste, they also help to keep this cake beautifully moist.
Orange, Almond and Raspberry Cake
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup raspberries - I usually use frozen
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil measured melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place whole oranges in a small saucepan and cover with water; boil for approximately 90 minutes or until soft. Remove from water and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a baking tin with baking paper (I used a 23cm square tin).
- Place oranges in food processor and blend until smooth. Add in eggs, vanilla, honey and coconut oil and blend again until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture in to the dry mixture and combine.
- Scoop the batter into your lined baking tin and smooth out evenly. Scatter raspberries over the top and press in so they are about half-submerged.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes* or until deep golden brown on top and firm to touch. Allow to cool before slicing.