5 Ingredient Cashew Butter Freezer Fudge; a gluten free, dairy free, vegan and paleo friendly no bake dessert that is so easy to make! Refined sugar free. You need to have a stash of this handy!
Do you have those moments where you just want a little – but totally satisfying – sweet morsel of something to go with your cuppa or as a mini-dessert? You need this incredible easy cashew butter freezer fudge. Only 5 ingredients, no baking required, refined sugar free and paleo friendly…you can even keep it vegan. What more do you want!
In case you couldn’t tell by the name, cashew butter freezer fudge is something you mix up, whack in the freezer, and that’s it. Okay, so there’s a little waiting time while it sets…but otherwise this is one of the fastest, most fuss-free desserts you could hope to have on hand. And because you keep it in the freezer, it lasts for ages and means you’ll always have a little sweet something tucked away for those moments.
I’d say the flavour of this fudge is akin to a creamy salted caramel experience, perfectly balanced by a bittersweet dark chocolate crunch. The dream.
With 5 ingredients, you can make this cashew butter freezer fudge and it will taste totally divine. Add one extra ingredient – dark chocolate – and you can jazz it up a little and add a crunchy chocolate coating. (I like to also sprinkle a tiny bit more sea salt on top of the chocolate!). For a special super charged boost, I’ve also provided an option for adding some maca in to this recipe below. Maca is a great adaptogenic supplement, valued for its hormone-balancing properties – you can read a little bit more on my supplementary foods information page here. It also has a very gentle, kind of caramel-like sweetness that suits this recipe wonderfully.
What I love the most about this easy cashew butter freezer fudge is that it’s pretty much ready to devour as soon as you remove a chunk from the fridge; it’s kind of like a chocolate consistency immediately when you take it out and then it becomes a little more soft and fudgy. Let a small piece thaw for about 5 minutes for a really creamy, more buttery experience. Either way, this recipe is amazing!
5 Ingredient Cashew Butter Freezer Fudge
- 1 cup pure cashew butter (no additives)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 50 grams dark chocolate (optional)
- 1/2 tsp extra fine sea salt for topping (optional)
- Take a small container or tray with raised edges (edges at least one inch high) and line with non-stick baking paper so that the paper comes over the sides. [I typically use a rectangular tupperware container about 22cm x 12cm.]
- Place the cashew butter, coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a saucepan and gently melt together over a low heat, stirring until consistent. If using the maca powder, add this in now too, stirring until it's dissolved in
- Remove from the heat and stir through the vanilla extract and the sea salt. Then pour the mixture into the lined container/tray and carefully place into the freezer to set.
- Once hard, remove from the freezer and roughly chop and break up the fudge in to small pieces.
- If you like, you can then melt down some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top, and sprinkle over a little extra salt while the chocolate is still soft so it sticks on top of the fudge. (Set again by returning to the freezer).
- Keep the fudge stored in a sealed container in the freezer. It will last for a few months.