I could happily eat zucchini a million different ways, but this simple healthy roasted zucchini salad is certainly one mega delicious option. In my world, there’s never such a thing as too much zucchini; I put it in just about everything (even in my breakfast when I have my Green Vegetable Smoothie Bowl!).
However, if you’re not totally zucchini-mad like me, you might be looking for new and exciting ways to use up some of this versatile vegetable, and again I think this roasted zucchini salad recipe will be perfect for you. If you have too many zucchini sitting around, there are only so many times you feel like spiralising, why not roast them? Zucchini are nice and juicy but hold their shape well, so they’re absolutely perfect to roast. Slice or dice, toss in a little olive oil and sprinkle over salt and pepper and that\’s pretty much all you need. For this roasted zucchini salad recipe, I\’ve combined them with some sweet red capsicum and red onion for added flavour and texture. And what’s really great is you can roast everything together on one tray! No fuss.
To finish this salad off, drizzle over a generous portion of my creamy yoghurt-dill salad dressing. Though it tastes super luxe, using Greek yoghurt keeps this fresh and healthy, and not too heavy. The tang of wholegrain mustard and fragrant fresh dill are such a dreamy combination too, adding just the right depth of flavour to this salad. I’m a bit crazy about dill, so I love to sprinkle a little extra fresh dill over my salad before serving, too.
Roasted Zucchini Salad with Yoghurt Dressing
- 400-500 grams zucchini/courgette (3-4 large)
- 250 grams red capsicum (2)
- 1 red onion
- 80 grams baby kale leaves or other salad leaves (4 large handfuls)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a large baking tray with baking paper or foil.
- Peel and slice the onion, around 1cm thick. Trim and slice the capsicum into thick slices.
- Scatter the onion and capsicum over the baking tray and drizzle over 2 tbsp olive oil. Use your hands to toss the onion and capsicum around in the oil and then spread everything out evenly.
- Pop the tray into the oven for 10-12 minutes. While it's in the oven, trim and slice the zucchini into rounds, between 5mm-1cm thick.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the zucchini to the tray. Add one more tablespoon of olive oil and carefully toss everything around again (use a large spoon or spatula as the tray will be hot!) and spread out evenly.
- Return the tray to the oven and roast for a further 10-12 minutes, until the zucchini is starting to soften. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Make the dressing by combining the yoghurt, mustard, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl or mug. Finely chop a few pinches of dill (adjust to suit your preference) and whisk it all together with a fork. For a more tangy dressing, add a squeeze of lemon. You can also thin the dressing out by adding water, if you like.
- Plate up the salad by layering the roast vegetables over a base of salad leaves, and finish with a generous drizzle of the yoghurt dressing. Sprinkle over a little extra fresh dill too if you like.
Constantly getting zucchini in my vegetable orders during this pandemic and always looking for ways to prepare and present. Thank you.
That sure does look good! We just love zucchini at our house!
Thanks so much Valerie 🙂 We love zucchini so much too!