This delicious beetroot, blackberry and chia smoothie bowl recipe is sponsored by Natvia, makers of a stevia-based, non-GMO sweetener that is versatile and easy to use. They have sent me some product and I have created this bright and beautiful bowl for them!
I have seriously developed a thing for blackberries. They are so plump, juicy and have a flavour that’s perfectly balanced between sweetness and tangy-ness. Every time they’re on sale I love to stock up and store the extras in my freezer (tip: to freeze them effectively, spread them out on a big tray lined with baking paper and freeze, then transfer to a zip lock bag once frozen, they won’t all clump together then).
As you probably have noticed by now, especially if you follow me on Instagram, something else I totally love is a veggie-loaded smoothie bowl; I much prefer to create my smoothies with a vegetable-rich base which is rich in nutrients and low in sugar. I thought I’d try something a little different with this blackberry and chia smoothie bowl and use a beetroot base (though I’ve also hidden some greens in there!).
You might think it a bit unusual, but beet is the perfect addition to a smoothie. It has a beautiful colour and natural sweetness, which makes this beet, blackberry and chia smoothie bowl so luscious looking AND delicious! With a generous sprinkle of your favourite crunchy toppings, this is the perfect easy meal. Try it with flaked coconut – it’s divine.
Beet, Blackberry and Chia Smoothie Bowl
- 1 medium beetroot, cooked (120 grams or 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup blackberries, frozen
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cashew butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1-2 tsp granulated stevia (I use Nativa)
- 1 scoop vanilla or plain protein powder (optional)
- granola, seeds, nuts, coconut for topping (optional)
- Place all of the smoothie ingredients in to a blender and process until smooth and creamy. If you're having trouble getting it all to blend together, add a little extra liquid (either almond milk or water).
- Scoop into a bowl and finish off with crunchy toppings of your choice! Enjoy.