I’m super excited to announce that I am partnering with Xtend Barre London as the official local Nutrition and Wellness Coach for their 60 Day Challenge!
If you have been following me for a while you might already know that I really love barre, or you may have previously met me via the work I have done with Xtend Barre in Australia (Alexandria was my local studio and I still miss everyone from there very much). For me, dancing my way through barre workouts has been an activity that has helped me reshape my thoughts around exercise. I haven’t always had the healthiest relationship toward food and working out but I truly enjoy giving barre a go. I’m never the most flexible or coordinated girl in the room but it is fun for me. (Don’t get me wrong though, it is also a pretty tough workout!)
So, this year I am obviously thrilled to be joining in my local studio’s very first round of the 60 Day Challenge. As the Nutrition and Wellness Coach I’ll be providing support to the Challengers with regards to their eating and lifestyle aspirations that form part of the challenge. I’ll also be doing the challenge myself, too!
Drawing on my current nutrition degree studies and also my personal journey, you know that my position as coach will be one of encouragement, balance and acceptance. I do not condone excessive restrictive practices or anything that stimulates (or is stimulated by) feelings of shame or guilt. The 60 Day Challenge is an opportunity to try to incorporate more (fun!) exercise in to your life, and experiment with new healthy meal ideas and wellness practices like mindfulness. If you don’t stick to the challenge exactly you’re still a trooper; it’s about adding in the good and not beating yourself up about anything.
If you are up for the challenge and are nearby, I’d love for you to join in the 60 Day Challenge with me in London, which begins on Monday 1 February. Below is some information about the Xtend Barre London 60 Day Challenge:
What is Xtend Barre?
Xtend Barre is Pilates and dance amplified. It brings in elements of dance, ballet and Pilates to create an adrenaline-fueled workout that strengthens, lengthens and chisels the body. Each class features an elegant yet energetic combination of movements that enhance flexibility, improve balance, and challenge the core. (Read more here)
The Challenge Explained
The 60 Day Challenge includes a detailed manual written by Xtend Barre studio owner, instructor, Osteopath, and certified Health Coach, Dr. Andrea Robertson; a Results Journal to track your progress; access to a private Facebook group (with meal planners; recipes and your questions answered by the London team) plus inspiring events and regular communication to keep you motivated and on target!
There are 3 levels of commitment, Core, Hard Core and Extreme Core. Xtend Barre ask you to select a level that is achievable and sustainable for you.
- Core – A minimum of 3 Xtend Barre classes per week + Eliminate processed foods, only a max of two alcoholic drinks per week, only two coffee/black tea/fruit juice per day, eat more greens and super foods, eat good fats & eliminate bad fats.
- Hard Core – A minimum of 4 Xtend Barre classes per week + The same as the Core level, but also: eliminate added sugar, only one alcoholic drink per week and only one coffee/black tea/fruit juice per day.
- Extreme Core – A minimum of 5 Xtend Barre classes per week + The same as the Hard Core level, but also: eliminate all alcohol, eliminate all coffee/black tea/fruit juice, eliminate gluten-containing foods, eliminate cow’s dairy.
Watch this video to find out more: (https://www.facebook.com/XtendBarre/videos/1195251977156272/)
- Challenge Kick-Off: Thursday 28 January, 7pm at Lululemon on Marylebone High Street (featuring a Q+A session hosted by me, a 45 minute barre class and an opportunity to pick up your challenge manuals, take measurements, and network with other challengers)
- Challenge Starts: Monday 1 February 2016
- Challenge Ends: Thursday 31 March, 7pm at Lululemon on Marylebone High Street. Get this date in the diary for your final class of the Challenge and a little celebration!
All participants who complete their 60 Day Challenge will be entered into a prize draw. There are some great prizes on offer from some of incredible sponsors—Elemis, lululemon, Botanic Lab, Nourish Everyday, Detox Kitchen, welltodolondon, LiEbes, Aduna, Birchbox and Mio Skincare.
I’d love to see you at the barre with me in London, so if you are a Londoner, here are the contact details for the studio if you’d like more information and/or to sign up:
16 Balderton Street
Mayfair, London, W1K 6TN United Kingdom
Phone: 07934 933411
If you’re not a London local but there is an Xtend Barre near you, more than likely they will be running the 60 Day Challenge too, so if you’re keen do get in touch with your local studio. We can still Xtend together!
Leave a Reply