Strawberry Avocado Toast is hands down my favourite way to make avocado toast right now and fancy enough to rival a cafe version! This loaded toast is so nutritious and tastes so good too.
We are so lucky to have a winter strawberries season in Australia. Yep, we get fresh, locally grown and reasonably priced strawberries even when it’s cold outside! It’s like a little slice of summer sunshine amongst the chilly weather.
Everyone in my house is strawberries obsessed so I am extra appreciative that they are so readily available. My twins could demolish a punnet of strawberries in less than a minute if I let them but I like to sneak a few for myself!
You probably already know that strawberries are a great source of vitamin C, but did you know that they are also a good source of a few other key nutrients, including:
- folate (very important for ladies who are trying to conceive or pregnant!)
- potassium (involved in regulating our blood pressure)
Strawberries are also high in fibre and rich in antioxidants. Their beautiful deep red colour reflects some of their antioxidant properties, as a class of antioxidant called anthocyanins is responsible for giving bright colours to fruit and flowers, including strawberries.
Lately I have been loving this upgrade on avocado toast SO much. We all default to the whole avocado/tomato combination, but avocado and strawberry is next level. Add that creamy, salty feta on top and it’s pure magic.
All you need to make this is:
- 2 slices of your favourite toast
- avocado, mashed with a pinch of salt
- feta cheese
- pumpkin seeds
🍓Layer it all up and enjoy! It’s also really, really good if you drizzle over a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze, if you have some.
If you make this loaded strawberry avocado toast, let me know! Comment below or take a snap and tag me on Instagram, you can find me over at @moniquecormacknutrition 🙂
Strawberry Avocado Toast
- 2 slices wholegrain bread – I used gluten free toast but any grainy bread will do
- 1/2 avocado
- 5 strawberries
- 40 grams feta cheese
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- pinch salt
- Pop bread in the toaster. While toasting, mash avocado with a pinch of salt. Dice the strawberries.
- Spread toast with mashed avocado, then top with diced strawberries, crumbled feta and pumpkin seeds. Finish with another little pinch of salt. Enjoy!