This is just the most amazing raw “white chocolate”. It is dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free, sweetened mainly with coconut and cashews, plus just a touch of rice malt syrup. You can add stevia to sweeten it further (as I know traditional white chocolate is super sweet), but I like it just the way it is. Using a unrefined virgin coconut oil adds further to the flavour and aroma of this choccy, so make sure you pick a good one!
Raw Coconut White Chocolate
- 1/2 cup cashews (raw)
- 1 cup coconut flakes firmly packed
- 3 tbsp coconut oil measured solid, no need to melt
- 3/4 cup cacao butter measured melted
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup *
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- liquid stevia to sweeten chocolate further, as desired
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon - OPTIONAL
- toppings like bee pollen, dried berries, etc. as desired
- Place cashews, coconut and coconut oil into your food processor. Pulse continuously (you can switch your processor on/off to give it a break) until the mixture liquifies and becomes as smooth as you can get it; this will probably take 5-10 minutes of processing.
- Melt the cacao butter over a double boiler (i.e. heatproof bowl over hot water) then remove from the heat.
- Combine the liquid cashew/coconut mix, cacao butter, rice malt syrup, vanilla and cinnamon, whisking together until silky smooth. Taste test. If necessary, add a few drops of liquid stevia for a sweeter chocolate.
- Pour in to your chosen moulds and add toppings/fillings as desired (or set in the toppings first then pour chocolate over the top - however you like to arrange it).
- Place in the freezer to set; this should take a few hours. After that store in the freezer to keep really firm, or move to the fridge for a soft chocolate.