This post is brought to you in collaboration with Nourished Life, my favourite online low tox store! I’ve bought heaps of different eco friendly baby and home products over the years, and thought it was about time I showed you some of my top picks.
Please note: links in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning I make a small commission on sales if you purchase items from Nourished Life after clicking on a link (this does not cost you more).
Are you interested in incorporating more low tox, sustainable living options into your family life? Although I’m nowhere near perfect, every few months I try to instigate a little shift in the way I manage my home. From reducing our use of cling film, to recycling smarter, to upgrading our cleaning products, I aim for achievable, maintainable change.
Since having the twins last year, this has now evolved to making conscious choices around baby products as well!
Because I am forever very busy with the babies and juggling blogging and working, online shopping is 100% my jam – plus you can find such an amazing range online these days anyway, so why wouldn’t you shop from the convenience of home?!
I buy low tox, eco friendly home and baby products from Nourished Life regularly. They offer competitive pricing, a vast product range, plus fast and cheap delivery (FREE for members!). Here are some of my current home and baby faves. I’ve focused on a top three for each of home and baby, with a list of honourable mentions too because it was too hard to narrow it down!
No exaggeration when I say these wraps are LIFE CHANGING and they have cut down my use of cling wrap, baking paper and foil significantly (as well as making my baking ware much easier to clean).
Agreena wraps are a silicone food wrap that is heat safe up to 200 degrees celsius, meaning yes you can bake with them! They aren’t super sticky like cling wrap, but they do stick to themselves pretty well so they can be used for wrapping up the ends of cut fruit and veg.
Honestly, I could not rate these wraps more highly. Really easy to wash too – just hot soapy water and a rinse. These need to be your very first Nourished Life purchase.
One of my favourite zip-lock bag replacements, Stasher bags are another silicone food storage product. Yes, they are more expensive than some other options but the quality of the product is worth it in this case.
What I love about these bags is that they are thick and durable, all while being accommodating and flexible. Primarily I use the sandwich size Stasher bags to take food out and about, but they are incredibly versatile…
Stasher bags can go in the microwave, freezer, dishwasher AND the oven! They are made from silicone not plastic, and they are free from BPA, phthalates, latex and lead (according to information published on the Stasher website).
Ecostore Cleaning Products
We use a whole range of Ecostore cleaning products in the kitchen and laundry. They are effective and reasonably priced while at the same time offering a lower tox and eco friendly alternative to many of the common cleaning brands.
The products on highest rotation in our house are the Ecostore Dishwasher Tablets and Ecostore Dish Liquid, and we love the laundry products too. I wash all my baby clothes in Ecostore and it’s been kind to the boys’ skin, we’ve never had an issue (and the twins do have sensitive skin).
You can go onto the Ecostore website and check out their full ingredients index, as well as learn more about the renewable source of sugarcane plastic that they use to package their products!
- Cheeki drink bottle range: gorgeous and practical insulated water bottles and coffee cups, Nourished Life have a huuuge variety to choose from. Can’t go wrong with a classic insulated water bottle (I am addicted to having refreshingly cold water!) and I love the insulated tumblers too.
- Full Circle Ziptuck Bags: I have a set of the snack size zip bags, perfect for keeping a handy snack of nuts in my handbag!
- Sustomi Silicone Food Pouch: Yes, yes this is another zip lock bag replacement! The Sustomi food pouch is huge (1 litre capacity) and stands up on its own really well, so you can store more liquidy things like soup in there. I am currently using it in the pantry to store homemade granola. The sliding seal on top adds extra security that it’s not going to leak or spill itty bitty bits of granola everywhere.
- Wax wraps: every house needs a set of beeswax food wraps for storing cut fruit and veg and most importantly, for keeping your cheese fresh. Nourished Life have their own branded version, and a vegan option too.
Weleda Calendula Products
There are so many gorgeous baby care products available these days but the Weleda range is one I’ve actually gone back to make repeat purchases of.
Weleda has a beautiful baby range that contains Calendula flower extract and sweet almond oil, which is so moisturising, nurturing and naturally beautifully fragranced, too. They definitely keep bub’s skin feeling and smelling so wonderful. My favourite products are the calendula fragrance-free baby oil and the shampoo & body wash!
These products are all natural, cruelty free and vegan. Love love.
Earths Tribe Bamboo Cloths
These bamboo cloths are a new baby item for me, so I thought it would be nice to include them in the review so you can learn a bit more about them too.
Nourished Life stock Earths Tribe cloths made from sustainable bamboo cotton that have the feeling of very soft terry fabric. I think they’re actually intended to be a substitute for disposable baby wipes, but I confess – I still use those!
I have been using these to clean my babies’ face and hands at meals. If you have babies I am sure you understand the complete mess that erupts every meal time! I wanted something environmentally friendly and gentle to use, as such frequent wiping can irritate bubs’ skin.
Resparkle Nursery and Toy Cleaner
Another new baby product for me, so also worthy of a more detailed review!
First of all, no, I do not clean my kids’ toys anywhere near as frequently as I probably “should”, but every now and again I love to go on a bit of a cleaning binge. The Resparkle Nursery & Toy Cleaner is made of plant-derived, natural ingredients and has a very gentle smell. All the ingredients are rated as a very low hazard by the Environmental Working Group, so you don’t have to stress using these on things that your baby is going to put their hands and mouth all over.
What also drew me to this product is that you can reuse the spray bottle again and again – you just purchase a tiny refill pod and mix it with water. Not pricey either!
- Ecostore Baby Range: I already raved about Ecostore in the home section of this blog post so I won’t go on again, but we do especially love the baby shampoo and sleepytime bath!
- Wotnot Baby Sunscreen: my favourite low tox baby sunscreen for the boys. It is relatively thick but I find that it rubs in easily and is so nice and moisturising for their skin.
- Franjos Kitchen Cookies: not one for the babies but something for mum! I cannot tell you how many of the Franjos Kitchen Lactation Cookies (my fave were the GF choc chip) I ate during the 8 months that I breastfed the twins. They are delicious and also packaged so beautifully they make a great new mum gift as well.
If you’re anything like me with online shopping, you spend about five hours browsing, add six million items to your cart and then don’t buy anything cos you’re overwhelmed. Especially when you’re shopping on Nourished Life, because there are just soooo many good products to choose from!
I hope this review has made it a little easier to navigate. These are the products that I actually click through and purchase!