Post Christmas and New Years it’s definitely the time of year that we all want to increase our intake of cleansing fresh food and kick off the new year on a healthy note. This little smoothie packs a number of ingredients which will assist in detoxification:
- hydrating cucumber and coconut water;
- parsley, a herb known for its cleansing properties;
- ginger, a spice with many traditional medicinal uses including anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea and anti-viral properties, as well as being a digestive aid;
- kiwi fruit, packed with beneficial enzymes to facilitate good digestion; and
- chia and flaxseed for added omega-3 fats and fibre.
Using coconut water as a base gives this smoothie a naturally sweet, refreshing flavour despite minimal fruit being used.
Detoxifying Clean Green Smoothie
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 kiwifruit
- 3-4 sprigs parsley thick end stems removed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 thumb size piece ginger
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup ice - OPTIONAL
- Peel the kiwi fruit and piece of ginger, and rinse the baby spinach and parsley.
- Place all ingredients in your blender and process until nice and smooth. Serve immediately.