Zucchini noodles, courgetti, zucchetti, zoodles… whatever you want to call them, they’re a handy little kitchen basic. Raw or cooked, I absolutely love to use them in a million different ways! This is a relatively uncomplicated salad that looks really beautiful but doesn’t require too much prep time. The avocado-coconut dressing is SO good; I love making extra for other salads or as a dipping sauce for sweet potato wedges.
Chilli Cashew Zucchini Noodles
Chilli Cashew Zucchini Noodles is a simple, light and healthy vegan zoodles recipe with a creamy avocado coconut dressing.
- 2-3 zucchini (depending on size)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp ginger - fresh (a small piece about the size of the tip of your thumb)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 handful coriander - fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp dried chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
To make the dressing, peel the ginger and scoop out the avocado. Place in a food processor with the coconut milk and salt. Squeeze in the juice from the lime. Blend everything until smooth. Then, depending on how thin you like it, add between 1/4 - 3/4 cup of water and blend again. Season with a little salt/pepper to taste.
- For the salad, begin by toasting the cashew nuts. Simply pop in a pan on the stovetop (no oil) and toss around for 5-10 minutes until nice and browned, then remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
Continue with the salad by spiralising the zucchini. If you don't have a spiraliser, peel really thin slices with a vegetable peeler.
- Arrange the salad as follows: Pour half of the dressing over the noodles and toss to combine. Place in serving dish. Top with remainder of the dressing, then the cashews. Remove tough stalks from coriander and scatter over the top, then finish with the chilli flakes.
Serve immediately. If you're not serving straight away keep the dressing and salad separate so the noodles don't go limp.
*If you don’t have any cashews on hand, you could use toasted almonds or macadamia nuts. In a pinch, you can also substitute the lime juice for lemon and it will still have a nice zesty flavour.